Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Welcome to Intoafarcountry!

This blogspot has been created to chronicle the events of Bill and Gail Simmons on their Alaska sabbatical. We leave Saint Louis, Missouri, on Monday, May 18, bound for Fairbanks, Alaska and the Artic Circle. We look forward to driving the Alcan Highway, visiting Anchorage, Denali and Prudhoe Bay, and serving the people of God in Fort Yukon. We welcome your blogs and intend to post updates regularly on our progress. The theme for the sabbatical is Psalm 19: The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Bill & Gail Simmons

4 comments:

  1. As you and Gail head out on your wonderful adventure to Alaska, Ted and my prayer's will be will you as venture into God's country.

    God Bless!

    Ted and Kristi Eberley

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I look at this picture of "Denali", I am reminded of the beauty and expanse of this beautiful land and how I can feel God. It surely is a piece of heaven.
    Blessings,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear Bill and Gail,
    Sounds like you had good day for day #1!
    The picture of denali is georgeous. By the way, could you add Mom to your e-mail listing?? I had to send her your original one since she was not on the list. get some rest and drive safely.
    Love,
    "poops"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail and Bill I can't believe after all our dreaming it's finally here Gail. I'm so jealous. Have a safe and wonderful journey. I'll be thinking of you every day. Mary

    ReplyDelete